I loved being on our stake girls camp committee this last summer. The Theme was "Come Take Your Place", and we used the theme to try and help the girls remember who they are as Daughters of God and to remember that their eventual place is with him in the eternities. On the first day of camp as they arrived the Junior counselors placed a crown on their heads and they walked down the "red carpet" into camp.
I loved working with all the wonderful women on the committee. It was interesting to see how each woman filled a different role in the preparation and execution of the camp. It was as if Heavenly Father had hand-picked each person and as we met together all spring in planning sessions to plan the camp, it was amazing to see how it all just fell together perfectly, as each person brought their ideas and talents to the planning meetings.
It was way too much fun! I love these ladies!
Here the girls are putting their hand-print signature on the banner with the theme on it...
There were lots and lots of activities: horse-back riding, archery, tomahawk throwing and crafts and nightly devotionals, and of course all the certification that went along with it. This was Marcies very last year at girls camp and I was glad I got to share it with her.
She was quite proud of sticking all three tomahawks in...not an easy feat.
Everyone agrees...there is just something special about girls camp...Hopefully we will not soon forget the wonderful lessons and friendships that were made there in that beautiful place.
No comments:
Post a Comment